Thursday, January 17, 2013

things I have learned to cook

My mother is a master consummate cook. She is famous in our little community and every person I've brought to dinner has liked me a little more for it. Her food reduces full grown Chinese men to tears (fact: Chinese men don't cry) and will end every argument over anything.

So, predictably, I cannot cook.

Compounded by the fact that 1405 and I both work late, when we do end up cooking it is an extraordinary event. Here is a selection of our budding attempts, would love to hear about your magic foolproof meals!
Vegetarian lasagne with bechamel sauce.

Japanese chicken curry with carrots and potato.

Ratatouille.

Garlic and tomato fried mussels.

Caprese salad.

Roasted beetroot and green bean salad with cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment