Friday, October 5, 2012

the black toro

2012 has been the year of being engaged and a little obsessed with being engaged.

Also the year of Mexican food! Which has reached Kingway by way of owner chef Garen Maskal, just now. Already ubiquitous in the CBD and becoming common, anything other than Chinese food is still a novelty in Glen Waverley.

I read that the Mr Maskal heralds from Ezard and while I have not yet been there (upcoming birthday, Mr 1405?) I know a bunch of foodie friends who luff it.

With such grand backing and confidence, I took my family here for a 60-days-until-wedding dinner.

Roasted barramundi, marinaded tomatoes, olives and watercress.

Sher wagyu fillet with chimmichurri, parsley and shallot.
This was a special tamale with corn, zucchini, tomato and very green pesto.
Everything was yum and well done, I saw many happy Chinese families here. Everything on Kingsway is do or die and it will be interesting to see how this restaurant fares in the years to come.


The Black Toro
79 Kingsway
Glen Waverley
9561 9696


The Black Toro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment